Browse through all of our rental properties across Canada or narrow your search by province, city, price, and size to find your next home.
My Hazelview allows you to submit maintenance requests, review your personal account & payment details, view upcoming resident events, and receive building wide notices.
At Hazelview Properties we are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to all of our residents including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing our services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides the same opportunity to access and benefit from the services we provide every day.
Your feedback is important to us. If you would like to comment on any of our accessibility policies or practices, or if you have a question or concern about accessibility, please contact us:
For Ontario Residents:
We have established the following accessibility plan in conformity with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (Ontario):
Founded in 1999, Hazelview is an active investor, owner, and manager of global real estate and related assets focused on delivering sustainable and growing returns to our investors. We maximize value by employing a value-oriented investment philosophy combined with an active, hands-on asset management platform, to identify opportunities that will generate predictable and sustainable long-term cash flow. We have earned a reputation for providing conservatively managed, risk-averse investment opportunities for both retail and institutional investors.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) is provincial legislation that aims to achieve a fully accessible Ontario. The Act makes Ontario the first jurisdiction in Canada to develop, implement and enforce mandatory accessibility standards.
Statement of Commitment and Purpose of the Plan:
At Hazelview, we are committed to providing exceptional customer service to all our customers/residents, including customers with disabilities. We are committed to providing our services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access and benefit from the services we provide every day. This 2014-2021 accessibility plan outlines the actions that Hazelview will take to improve upon the opportunities for people with disabilities.
Accessible Emergency Information:
Hazelview is committed to providing its customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Hazelview provides training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario's accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees and other staff members. Hazelview has taken the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario's accessible laws as of January 1, 2015:
• All employees will be provided our Accessible Customer Service Policy upon hire.
• All employees will complete an on-line training course about AODA and accessibility. • Hazelview will document and track all AODA training.
Hazelview takes the following steps to ensure employees consider the needs of people with disabilities when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks as of January 1, 2014:
• Hazelview does not currently use any electronic devices that would be considered "kiosks" for providing access to services from Hazelview, however should Hazelview determine it needs to make "kiosks" available, it will take accessibility into consideration when procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks.
Information and Communications:
Hazelview is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Hazelview has taken the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform to WCAG 2.0 Level A as of January 1, 2014:
• We engaged a web design company to review any new websites launched by Hazelview to ensure they are compliant with the specific requirements of WCAG 2.0 Level AA. Hazelview will take the following steps to make sure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request as of January 1, 2015: • Hazelview has provided below the contact details for the person at Hazelview who should receive and coordinate responses to feedback.
We take all necessary steps to ensure publicly available information is made accessible upon request as of January 1, 2016, in conformity with the requirements of the Act.
We will take the following steps to make sure all websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
• Hazelview will engage an external consultant to review all existing Hazelview websites to ensure they are compliant with the specific requirements for new websites of WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
Hazelview is committed to fair and accessible employment practices, and will provide reasonable accommodation wherever and whenever possible, and notify the public and employees that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return to work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
• Meet with the individual to determine their needs. • Provide reasonable accommodation wherever and whenever possible. We will take steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if Hazelview is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes. In addition, Hazelview will take steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified.
Design of Public Spaces: Hazelview will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to applicable public spaces. In the event of a service disruption to accessible parts of public spaces, will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For More Information: Please contact:
Hazelview Human Capital Management
1133 Yonge Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y7
Accessible formats of the document are available free upon request by contacting Hazelview at the above-noted phone number or email address.
© 2021 Hazelview